Support and training
We are very proud of the way we support and train our foster carers. Before you are approved, you will undergo induction training, which will equip you with all the basic knowledge you will need to begin fostering. When you are approved, we offer free ongoing training in a wide variety of subjects, both classroom-based and online.
When it comes to support, we provide:
- Your own dedicated social worker
- Support groups led by foster carers
- 24/7 phone line
- Help from experienced foster carer befrienders
- Wider team within the council
- Links with other health professionals
- 2 weeks per year respite (more if required)
Get in touch with us to find out more.